CHARLOTTETOWN......2 DAYS / 1 NIGHT ACCOMMODATION
- Included Hotel accommodation:
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS HOTEL & SUITES 3 1/2H. This hotel has an indoor heated swimming pool.
- Included. Hotel accommodations …4 students per room and 2 teachers per room
- Included. Meals: 1 Full buffet breakfast at the hotel. 1 Quality meal at a very good restaurant.
- Included. Visit the Confederation Centre of the Arts. Celebrating Canada’s history and heritage for 35 years ! Home of the Charlottetown Festival ( featuring Anne of Green Gables - The Musical ). Does not include the cost of the play. Option
- Included. Motor coach is at your disposal during your stay in Charlottetown.
- Included. Sightseeing tour of the Charlottetown area in own motor coach. Visit historical locations.
ANNE'S LAND – GREEN GABLES SHORE AREA
- Included. Visit Ripley's Believe It Or Not Museum in Cavendish. The most unusual museum in the world! Unprecedented trip around the world with a 20-ft. section of the Berlin Wall and a Jurassic- sized Stegosaurus skeleton. See an exciting collection of wonders and curiosities, from the 4ft. jade-carved ship to the painted bat. Peterbuilt truck with over 134,000 matchsticks, " Anne " painted on a grain of rice, the Shark's banquet and many more. Over 200 of exhibits in 12 galleries with 10 video screens. Meet the challenge of a 23 ft. rock-climbing wall. Ripley's Believe It Or Not! Museum is home to one of the most stunning collections of wonders and curiosities.
- Included. Visit the Wax World of the Stars in Cavendish. Multi-sensory interactive experiences! Featuring realistic wax figures crafted by world’s top artisans, galleries to immerse you in the lives of the rich and famous. Experience interactive, innovative illusions, movie props, sound effects, videos and artifacts. Richly costumed and in unique-settings, the figures include Hollywood stars, British Royalty, Harry Potter, Tom Cruise, Sulley and Mike, Julia Roberts, Anne of Green Gables, Terry Fox, presidents and prime ministers, Madonna, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Stomping' Tom Connors and many more.
- Included. Visit Cracker Creek Mining Company in Cavendish. It all began... back in the 1800's when J.J. Stewart (later known a Utah Jack) was born in Wood Islands, Prince Edward Island. Prospecting sounded like a great adventure for Utah Jack, so off he traveled to Western United States to find his fortune. Today his grand-daughter invites you to GO MINING at Cracker Creek.
- Included. Visit Mariner's Cove in Cavendish. Real miniature golf, fun for everyone.
- Included. Visit Green Gables, Prince Edward Island National Park of Canada. Located in the cultural landscape of Cavendish, Green Gables is part of the original site that inspired famous author, Lucy Maud Montgomery, to write the novel Anne of Green Gables. Acquired in 1937, Parks Canada’s mandate was to ensure that this magical place be commemoratedand maintained. L.M. Montgomery’s great imagination flourished here during childhood visits to her relatives’ homestead. The original house, trails, farmyard, award-winning films, displays, gift shop, tea room and animated bilingual interpretive events all add to the enjoyment of this inspirational site.
- Included. Security guard in the evening at the hotel. ( 23:00h – 06:00h )
OPTIONS: ( NOT INCLUDED IN PRICE )
Option. Tour the Halifax Harbour with Harbour Hopper Amphibious Tour. Tour the Halifax Hop aboard “Atlantic Canada’s Most Popular Tour”, the Harbour Hopper Amphibious Tour. This 55 minute tour is a fun filled half land & half sea tour of the downtown core and harbor. Group departs from beside the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic and the high energy tour guide will entertain as we pass City Hall, Citadel Hill, Public Gardens, Spring Garden Rd and much more before the most exciting “SPLASH” into the Halifax Harbour. On this 25 minute harbor tour, you will see the extensive Canadian Naval Fleet, the skylines of Halifax & Dartmouth; learn on the Halifax Explosion and Halifax’s Titanic connection. The Harbour Hopper is an open air vehicle and has a capacity of 40 passengers per vehicle. Please ensure all guests dress appropriately for the weather as we operate rain or shine. It is always suggested to bring an extra sweater or coat as it tends to cool once on the water. Anecdotes. The Harbour Hopper Tours will be conducted in English.
Option. Ghost Walk of Historic Halifax. Take a 2 hour walking and motor coach tour through the streets of Old Halifax. Tales of ghosts, pirates, haunting, buries treasures and other mysteries from Halifax's past. Sightseeing tour of the city's many historic sites including the Titanic Fairview Cemetery where 120 victims lay buried and discussing important events and people in Canadian and Nova Scotian history (ie. the Halifax Explosion, Joseph Howe, Alexander Keith, etc.) Group will meet the guide in front of the Lord Nelson Hotel on South Street Park Street ( across from the Public Gardens ).
Option. Visit Avonlea – Village of Anne of Green Gables. Spend the day and live the story! Walk among the characters of the novel Anne of Green Gables, and experience dramatic moments and heartwarming scenes. Enjoy the lively barnyard, horse-and-wagon and pony rides, and cow milking. Enjoy music shows, heritage buildings, museums and the beautiful Avonlea Gardens. Set the stage for a memorable day!
Option. Visit Sandspit. Enjoy the Cyclone roller-coaster as well as many other first-class attractions including, Can-Am racers, 60ft. ferris wheel, carousel, bumper-boats, tilt-a-world, scrambler, train, bumper-cars, Rok’N’Roll, miniature golf, the new Paratrooper, the new Landslide and several children’s attractions. Canteen on site! Can-Am racers tickets are sold separately and are not included in admission.
Option. Visit Shining Waters Family Fun Park. Shining Waters has over 30 wet and dry attractions split into 6 themed areas. Shining Springs Water Park. Take a plunge down the amazing Cannonbowl in an inner tube! Enjoy the spills and thrills of the Bullet or take a more relaxing ride down one of two body slides. Buccaneer Bay. Attempt a mutiny on the renegade! Sail your very own pirate ship on the waters of Baccanneer Bay. Bandit’s Barnyard. Enjoy a traditional Island farm including pygmy pigs, goats, miniature horses, pigs, rabbits and puppies. Discovery Woods. Over 1000 feet of trails through a relaxing streamside forested area. Visit the Out of this World Disco, the Hillbilly Cabin cross the Swinging Bridge to the exciting tree house.
Lighthouse on the Wharf. Tucked in behind the lighthouse at the Entrance is the Wharf and Marina. Enjoy a relaxing paddle boat ride or take one of the rowboats for a spin. Food and retail at 3 locations.
Option. Visit Site of Lucy Maud Montgomery’s Cavendish Home. Lucy Maud Montgomery Homestead fields, gardens, lanes, old trees surround the hallowed ground where Montgomery was raised by her grandparents, Alexander and Lucy MacNeil – her home from 1876 to 1911 – where she wrote Anne of Green Gables. Serene and beautiful, this site captures the essence of the Cavendish she knew and loved. Bookstore, museum on premises. Story telling! Attractions Canada 2002 Provincial winner for Best Developed Outdoor Site. John MacNeil, great-grandson, and wife Jennie live on this farmland and lovingly tend it.
PLEASE CONTACT BONAVENTURE TOURS® FOR THIS QUOTATION
With Bonaventure Tours®, no HST-GST to be paid in New Brunswick for school sponsored cultural trips. In Nova Scotia HST-GST paid may be reclaimed by the school from the province for school sponsored cultural trips.
Teachers will also receive:
- Included. Two teacher chaperones per room.
- Included. Step by step guide to organize the trip with necessary documentation.
- Included. Ratio of one free teacher chaperone per 10 students.
- Included. Teacher chaperone travels and participates free in all packaged activities as stated above.
All prices are based on 50 paying students and 5 teachers,
17 rooms, 4 nights and 5 days.
Prices subject to change without notice.
WE CAN LOWER THE PRICE PER STUDENT BY OMITTING OR SUBSTITUTING CERTAIN ACTIVITIES OR MEALS IN THE PROGRAM.
PLEASE CALL FOR OTHER COMMUNITY QUOTATIONS