QUEBEC CITY.........4 DAYS / 3 NIGHTS
Bonaventure Tours'® package will consist of the following :
Hotel accommodations choices......Bonaventure Tours® has chosen many different hotels that live up to your expectations. We will give you more details upon contact.
Meal package ...... 3 Full American breakfasts at the hotel.
3 Quality meals at very good restaurants.
- Motorcoach transportation to and from QuébecCity.
- Motor coach features a DVD video player and a CD music player.
- Other forms of transportation available, depending on method of travel.
- Motorcoach transportation to and from stated activities in Québec City and area.
- Motorcoach is at your disposal during your stay in Québec City.
- Sightseeing tour of Upper/Lower Québec City and area with escort in own motorcoach.
- Sightseeing tour of the new Montmorency Falls Park. Lacated east of Québec City, in a wonderful natural setting, the Parc de la Chute-Montmorency, classified as a historic site in December of 1994, is a spectacular look-out point over the St. Lawrence River, Ile d'Orléans and the capital. Well known for its' impressive 83-metre ( 272 feet ) high waterfalls, that is one-and-a-half time that of Niagara Falls, the park features many points of interests. Group will ascend the famous Montmorency Falls via a cable car ride like no other in North America. Via a panoramic promenade, proceed to the bridge taking you over the falls. On the east side of the falls, a stairway with numerous area and terrace offering breathtaking vistas. http://www.chutemontmorency.qc.ca
- Sightseeing tour of Sainte-Anne de Beaupré with own motorcoach. The Shrine of Sainte Anne de Beaupré, dedicated to the honor of the Grandmother of Christ, is one of the oldest pilgrimage centres in North America. For more than 300 years, pilgrims have been coming to St. Anne de Beaupré from almost everywhere. The cross-chaped building is covered with granite. The inside, lighted by 200 stained glass windows and a remarkable rose, is divided into a nave and four aisles by huge pillars, each of these topped with a sculpted capital.
- Walking tour of Old Québec City with visits to Place d'Armes, Rue du Trésor ( artists' corner ), Château Frontenac, Terrasse Dufferin and Promenade des Gouverneurs with escort. Visit and walking tour of Place Royale,,Quartier Petit-Champlain. The maison Louis-Jolliet, designed in 1683 for the discoverer of the Mississippi River ( Jolliet ), who lived there until his death in 1700. In 1608, this part of town became a very busy small port village with trading posts and elegant residences. Place Royale is the birthplace of French civilisation in North America. Samuel de Champlain began construction of his fortified < habitation > at the foot of Cap Diamant, in 1608. This is the first permanent establishment in New France. Rich merchants settles here and lively business develops in the area. In 1686, a bust to the glory of Louis XIV is erected. Place du Marché becomes Place Royale. Wars between France and England reach out as far as New France. Québec occupation by the English occurs for the first time from 1629 to 1632. In 1690, the Place Royale cannon play a decisive role in turning back Admiral Phipps' fleet. In 1759 however, French resistance is overwhelmed by cannon ball and fire bombs. The Conquest begins. Place Royale is one of the oldest settlements on the North American continent. A walk on the Casse-cou ( breakneck stairs ), which is not as dangerous as it sounds, leads you to the restaurants and craft boutiques located at various levels.
- Visit Québec's Citadelle. Located atop cap Diamant, the Citadelle constitutes the eastern flank of Québec's fortifications. Inspired by it, romantic writers have called Québec the "Gibraltar of America". In 1820, the construction of the Citadelle began; it lasted more than 30 years. The continued presence of the Royal 22e Régiment at the Citadelle since 1920 makes it the largest fortified group of buildings still occupied by troops in North America.
- Visit Québec's Artillery Park. The French built various defense works there in the 17th and 18th centuries, while barracks were gradually erected in this zone as of the mid-18th century. Visit historic buildings unique to Québec City: the Dauphine's Redoubt(1712), the officer's quarters(1785) and the cartridge factory's iron foundry(1903).
- Outside the walls of Old Québec City, a night sightseeing panoramic view of the city on the M/V Louis Jolliet with a two hour sail on the famous Saint Lawrence River will render a night to remember. The DISCO CRUISE is the ideal < rendez-vous> to meet friends and dance to the latest hits. All cruises are supervised by experienced personnel. No alcoholic beverages allowed.
- Visit Québec's Aquarium. Experience the Parc Aquarium du Québec from the Boreal to the Artic Regions. You can follow a series of paths outdoors, leading to various exhibits where you'll see several species of mammals and make many new discoveries. Through a rocky valley, you'll learn about the St. Lawrence River, its water basins, tides, lakes and fresh water plants. You'll also see seals that inhabit this river in a natural setting. You'll then continue your visit through the magnificent Arctic sector, where you'll observe sush species as the polar bear and the Greenland seal. You will be able to visit the main pavilion, which is home to over 3500 fish specimens. An acrylic tunnel will take you to the heart of the attraction where you'll be surrounded by 350,00 litres of water and have an exciting close-up view of more than 650 specimens.
- Visit Québec's Cartier-Brébeuf National Historic Site. This national historic site, located on the north bank of the Saint - Charles River owes its name to Jacques Cartier, the French explorer and to the Jesuit Jean de Brébeuf. It commemorates the first winter the navigator spent in the country (1535 - 1536).
- Visit Observatoire de la Capitale Located on the 31st floor in the Marie-Guyart building, Québec City's highest observation point, Anima G provides a breathtaking panorama of the city and its surroundings. Visitors will have the opportunity to admire the works of many artists.
- Visit Les Galeries de la Capitale with an indoor amusement park .(ticket set provided)
- Visit Québec's Place Laurier, one of Eastern Canada's largest shopping centers.
- Security guard at night from 11:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. provided. ( for student groups )
- Full coordinator/ guide during your stay in Québec City.
- Luggage tags for all.